Lesson 1: Flower box
Lesson 2: Parallel design
Lesson 3: Vertical design
Lesson 4: Round design
Lesson 5: Bouquet in bouquet holder
Lesson 6: Wreath design
Lesson 7: Triangle design
Lesson 8: Horizontal design
Lesson 9: Basic hand-tied bouquet
Lesson 10: Flower crown and corsage
Our course is specially designed for flower lovers who have no prior experience in floral design, allowing you to have fun, and at the same time get to learn basic knowledge and skills of floral design, as well as common flower and foliage types, proper conditioning and usage.
The course content is based on AIFD's official tutorial "The AIFD Guide to Floral Design: Terms, Techniques, and Traditions", focusing on the application of the elements and principles of floral design, so that our students do not only learn a particular design, but the knowledge they need to work with different flowers back home with their own creativity and originality.
This course can be taken on its own as a starter to floral design, or as part of a comprehensive floral education with Intermediate course, AIFD CFD and AIFD PFDE preparatory course thereafter.
Suitable for complete beginners who would like to learn basic knowledge and skills of floral design. Class size is kept to a maximum of eight students to ensure sufficient tutor guidance to everyone.
If you are buying this workshop as a gift for someone, please let us know the recipient name and contact information at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details regarding our workshops and courses please also contact us at email@example.com
- Arrival time: Please kindly arrive 10 minutes before class, so we can start and finish on time for the convenience of everyone. For full-day workshops there will be a 30-minute lunch break.
- Things to bring: We will provided all flower materials and tools necessary for the class. You may bring a notepad and pen if you would like to take notes.
- Lunch and refreshments: Only light refreshments such as tea, coffee and snacks will be provided. You may bring your own lunch.
- Certificates: Students of our Beginner and Intermediate courses will receive a certificate on completion of the course. For CFD course students, if our teacher agrees that your work is at the level required of AIFD’s CFD credential, you will be invited to become an AIFD®Certified Floral Designer (CFD®). For more information, please visit the CFD course page.
- Cancellation notice: For Beginner, Intermediate, and CFD courses, we provide a full refund if the cancellation is made 14 days or more before the course start date. We may need to cancel the course if we receive too few bookings and we will make every effort to provide at least one week's notice. In such a situation, you will have the option to transfer your booking to another course or receive a full refund of the fees paid.
- Language: Our classes are delivered in English unless specified. For private group bookings, you can choose to have the class delivered in English, Mandarin or Cantonese.
- Photography: Please feel free to take photos yourself. Our teacher and in certain classes our photographer will also take photos of students for our marketing materials or social media channels. If you do not wish to be in any photos, please let us know.