Embark on a transformative journey in floral design with our prestigious AIFD® Certified Floral Designer course. This intensive program is crafted to equip you with the professional level of expertise and artistic finesse in the floral industry. Led by AIFD-accredited instructor, you will dive into a comprehensive curriculum that is based on principles and elements of floral design as well as how to apply them effectively and creatively.
Throughout the course, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of flowers, foliage and other materials, enabling you to create decent arrangements with all the possible constraints and solutions just like what you will actually experience as a floral designer. As you progress, you'll develop a deep understanding of the elements and principles of floral design, gaining the confidence to tackle any floral challenge with ease.
Upon completion, you will earn the esteemed AIFD CFD certification (see details below), a testament to your dedication and mastery in the world of floral artistry. Elevate your passion for flowers to new heights and set yourself on a path to a fulfilling and rewarding career in the floral industry with our AIFD® Certified Floral Designer course.
Practice - Biedermeier design
Demonstration - Phoenix design
Theory - History of floral design and color theory. Elements of design.
Practice - Vertical design
Demonstration - Horizontal design
Theory - Principles of design, Geometric Designs, vertical/horizontal.
Practice - New convention design
Demonstration - Landscape design (vegetative)
Theory - Various basing techniques, scale and proportion.
Practice - Asymmetrical triangle design
Demonstration - Isosceles triangle design
Theory - Triangle designs. Physical and visual balance.
Practice - Line-mass design
Demonstration - Enclosure design
Theory - Round geometric designs. Enclosure design, sheltering
Practice - Framing design
Demonstration - Focal emphasis
Theory - Focal emphasis and negative space
Practice - Hogarth curve design
Demonstration - Crescent design
Theory - Shadowing techniques and transition
Practice - Cascading design
Demonstration - Waterfall design, veiling
Theory - Braiding and leaf manipulation techniques.
Practice - Mirroring, facing
Demonstration - Various lead manipulation applications
Theory - Facing techniques to achieving balance,
emphasis, repetition, transition, harmony and contrast.
Practice - Formal linear design
Demonstration - Cone design
Theory - Grouping, negative space, transition and tension.
Practice - Structure bouquet
Demonstration - Various stem and branch manipulation techniques
Theory - Various ways of making a structure bouquet.
Lesson 12: Test
Revision on various topics, mock test.
There are three ways to become an internationally recognised AIFD® Certified Floral Designer. One of them is to attend and successfully complete the appropriate floral design education programs at an AIFD® Education Partner, and then pass the PFDE® online test. A&F Floral Art and Design is an AIFD® Education Partner. After you have completed its CFD course, and if your teacher agrees that your work is at the level required of AIFD’s CFD credential, you will be invited to become an AIFD®Certified Floral Designer (CFD®) and will need to complete the following:
Your instructor must send your contact information to AIFD®.
Complete the CFD® Application and submit with a US$174 certification fee (which includes your re-certification fees through June 30.).
Take the AIFD® online test based off of The AIFD® Guide to Floral Design (which is a required textbook in the CFD® program) and receive an 80% or better within two (2) weeks of receiving access to the online test."
For more information about AIFD and how to become a CFD, please visit aifd.org or contact us at email@example.com
- Arrival time: Please kindly arrive 10 minutes before class, so we can start and finish on time for the convenience of everyone. For full-day workshops there will be a 30-minute lunch break.
- Things to bring: We will provided all flower materials and tools necessary for the class. You may bring a notepad and pen if you would like to take notes.
- Lunch and refreshments: Only light refreshments such as tea, coffee and snacks will be provided. You may bring your own lunch.
- Certificates: Students of our Beginner and Intermediate courses will receive a certificate on completion of the course. For CFD course students, if our teacher agrees that your work is at the level required of AIFD’s CFD credential, you will be invited to become an AIFD®Certified Floral Designer (CFD®). For more information, please visit the CFD course page.
- Cancellation notice: For Beginner, Intermediate, and CFD courses, we provide a full refund if the cancellation is made 14 days or more before the course start date. We may need to cancel the course if we receive too few bookings and we will make every effort to provide at least one week's notice. In such a situation, you will have the option to transfer your booking to another course or receive a full refund of the fees paid.
- Language: Our classes are delivered in English unless specified. For private group bookings, you can choose to have the class delivered in English, Mandarin or Cantonese.
- Photography: Please feel free to take photos yourself. Our teacher and in certain classes our photographer will also take photos of students for our marketing materials or social media channels. If you do not wish to be in any photos, please let us know.